Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Washed Away

It's been a long week... so here's an image that shows how I am feeling.
I have a fear of deep water. Boats are fine, ships are fine... it's just me in the water that is not good. I don't like it when I can't see the bottom, or when something in the water touches me... doesn't matter... it's irrational phobia. My imagination worked overtime as a kid.. and the older I get, it seems to grow! Oceans, lakes, etc. Swimming pools are mostly ok... Last summer when we were at Detroit Lake with my brother's family, I think I held my breath the entire time we were out on the biscuit behind the boat. Lifejackets are fine and I swim just fine... but something in the water might touch me. So... this picture is a good representation of how I am feeling about the big changes we are facing. I had this on my work computer as a wallpaper... trying to desensitize myself, which sort of worked.
However I am trying to remind myself today that God says "It's okay to go back in the water!" Oh look, now the sun is coming out... That's what I needed to see :)

No comments: