Monday, June 2, 2008

Another Monday

Ok, in the past 10 days, Mike's truck died, Seth has been/still is sick, Brandon had 3 baseball games, I still had 40 hours of work to complete, plus the "Big Decision" to think about and a bathroom to paint and finish.

The truck - is mostly dead. Paid almost $150 to find that out. It costs more to fix than it is work in Kelly Blue Book, so it is likely to stay dead. Of course it has a full tank of gas and brand new tires. It's just sitting in the driveway for now.

Seth - had a fever of 102-103 for 5 days with unexplained pain in his abdomen. Not appendicitis, tumor or abscess, according to x-rays and CT scan. The fever left last Thursday, but the pain has persisted. So far we are counting an Urgent Care/ER visit, 2 regular doctor visits, multiple blood draws, 2 heavy-duty antibiotics and Vicodin. We are currently waiting for a referral to a gastrointestinal doctor.. should hear by Wednesday. He is stressed out about finals next week, plus missing homework.

Baseball - Brandon's doing well but I am so tired of the routine. We're going until Monday 6/16.

The Bathroom - Is painted with 1 coat. I love the color but I think it's too dark for most people. I will probably go back to the drawing board. I don't think ragging it will look good, but I may try it to see.

Work - Oh my... Fortunately I won't have any groups here until July. I am buried, but I am trying really hard not to take work home with me. I've been successful at that for 2-3 weeks. No promises tonight since there is no baseball game or practice.

The Decision - We are feeling pretty confident about our decision, but are waiting to meet with Pastor Ben another time. He asked us to wait two weeks and make sure we are seeing an overall picture, pros and cons.

Ok, that's the short version. I am amazed at how much it helps to actually write this out and send it away to cyberspace. No one reads it but me... but the act of writing gets it out of my swirling brain.

No comments: