Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Jumping into 2008


Wow... I didn't realize it had been so long since I blogged. Eleven months just sneaks by...

I think about blogging, sometimes even compose in my head, but obviously never make it to the computer to complete the task.

Here's the quick update:
  • Nothing major happened in the second half of 2007. The pets are still alive and thriving, Mike and the boys too.

  • As of February we have been planning a big family vacation for December.. in Hawaii... yep. We're going! Mike and the boys are thrilled. It is a stretch financially but we are ready.

  • As of March 27th, I have retained an attorney to finalize my adoption of Brandon. We have said we were going to do it for several years, but all of the sudden he is 12 and we just need to go it... so I'll officially be a mom again/still... whatever.

  • With the adoption, Brandon is legally changing his middle name to Michael. His initials will be BMW... which he really likes.

  • Speaking of Brandon, we have entered the Little League cult. Oh my.. some of these people are rabid! He's having fun and learning a lot. Most of the moms I talk to are shocked that this is his first time in organized ball. He is a Parrish Pirate. One month down, and another to go. Personally I really hope he doesn't make All Stars. I love baseball, but I can see that I will be completely burned out by June.

  • Hmm, what about Seth? He is navigating his freshman year of high school. He has some new friends, and seems to be doing okay. I am walking the mom-tightrope of trying to be involved, and yet backing off when appropriate.
  • Seth has gone rock-climbing at Smith Rock in central Oregon, with the youth pastor and some other boys. He will definitely go again. I'm really glad he's being challenged in his faith. He's the right age to start figuring out his own faith, not just skating along on parental faith.

  • Mike is still Mike and I am still me. In a couple of weeks it will have been 7 years of marriage & blended family.

Ok, I think that's enough catching up for today. My new goal is to blog at least once per week. Can I do it? Of course! Will I? Watch and see... Here are a couple of photos I enjoy often at work.



No comments: