Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fall Equinox

I am breathing cool autumn air this morning... what a relief from the heat of summer. Doesn't this picture just invite you to wander down the road?
I'm watching the boys do yardwork; sprucing up the lawn & edges for an open house tomorrow. My family is in the midst of what could be turmoil with a job transfer coming at Christmas, moving 2100 miles away from home, house for sale and the chore of keeping it "perfect" every day. But as I read each Caring Bridge update for Darian, Chance, and others am reminded that we are so blessed with physical health.

The Lord gave me this job 7 years ago and has continued to amaze us through it. I had a very stressful week at work with a training school and survivied it with mental health intact. I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend with my boys. Mike has Sunday off work so the four of us will have a wonderful family day.

1 comment:

Valerie of Momia said...

What a beautiful picture! I just love fall!! I didn't really experience it until we moved here two years ago. There isn't such beauty in the month in California. I didn't know what I was missing!

That's a huge move. I can understand this being a stressful time in your lives. (Oh, we were there just over two years ago. Houses weren't selling in California and we had to move [Our house sold several weeks later after our move]. I was 8 months pregnant with so many things up in the air and so many major life changes (After working full time as a teacher for 5 years, I became a stay at home instantly along with the move). I do feel for you and know that I'm praying for the sale of your house (assuming it hasn't sold yet). God has his hands in this and you know he is faithful!

Blessings to you and your family, Dawn!