Thursday, May 20, 2010

stream of consciousness

The last day of school is looming over me like a giant tower waitin to fall. I'm not looking forward to summer wtih the boys at home. Fortunately Brandon will have football camp starting in a couple of weeks... although I'm not sure I'm ready to be a high school football mom. My youngest in high school?? And it seems so strange to think about football when the summer hasn't even started yet.

I think of football in terms of cool drizzling Friday nights... back in 1983. Wearing Saxon scarlet and columbia blue (we couldn't just be fire-engine-red and light blue!). Everything had to be red and blue... and so much better if you wore a Saxon football jersey and had matching ribbons in your hair and matching laces in your Nikes. Rarely sitting in the bleachers, we had to circle the field all during the game... to see and be seen. Oh the memories... Even at the time I knew that I would have been content to sit on the bleachers and concentrate on the game, but as a girl that was not looked kindly upon. Girls weren't supposed to care about the details during the game... just whether we win or lose.

I am looking toward a rather bland day. It's 8:10am and I have already caught up on work email, read a few blogs, talked with a co-worker, and now I really don't have much to do. I guess I can look forward to lunch... I did brown bag it today.

No comments: