Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Changes of Life

I am not a small person. I'm overweight and I can say it. Technically I'm obese and apple shaped. That being said, I am rarely cold. When I was young and correctly proportioned (never was thin) I would get cold hands, feel the chill, etc. Goosebumps are a thing of my past.

At this point in my life I am hot. Not Paris Hilton "hot," but meaning very warm temperature. I have a fan at my desk at work and run it almost every day of the year. I have had the ceiling fans going at home for more than a month.... even all night long. Being in the midst of menopause doesn't help... hot flashes are horrible! I don't think you'll find any woman who enjoys them.
I admit that I am looking forward to ending "that time of the month" although mine is pretty easy & uneventful. I don't yearn for a return to the childbearing years.

My boys are almost grown. I like that they can go out after dark to take out the trash or take the dog for a walk, and I don't have to worry that someone will grab a sweet little boy from my yard. They are both on the edge of being men. Scary thought... but so true. I am not looking forward to either one moving out on his own, but I know that time will come sooner than later. I do enjoy the fact that they are old enough to watch some of my tv shows and don't have nightmares afterward. They understand the humor and dramatic license. They are both beginning to own their faith, figuring out how they will fit into God's plan.

Changes are not easy. Choosing whether to be upset or accepting of life change is such a cruicial part of growing up. In my mind I'm still not finished growing or changing. Seems like I read somewhere that when a person is finished growing is the day they die... or something like that. It makes sense to me.

No comments: